Live Weeknights at 7PM ET
Welcome to TV's only source for all the stuff you care about from the coolest viral videos to the hottest new gadgets, comics and movies. Attack of the Show gets it before it gets out.

Show Notes: Free Play Friday

coury
Posted July 8, 2005 - By Coury Turczyn

Try a whole new genre of video gaming: the interactive drama. Facade thrusts you into the conflict of Grace and Trip's crumbling relationship, and your interaction with them determines their future together.

Grab the free download of Facade at Interactivestory.net.

Tags: GameBreak

• Mentat

After seeing this game once on AOTS then again on cinemateque my curiousity was peaked but once I discovered it was free I had to download and play it. Well I dont know about you guys but I got this game working in less than 15 minutes and it runs perfectly. I had the characters arguing and dissing each other in my first run thru. And it was kinda cool. I've never played a game like this but it already feels cool. My computer meets the games exact minimum requirements so I guess that's why it works so well. I would definitely recommend this game to anyone whose machine can handle it.

Posted: August 8, 2005 9:39 AM
    Mentat
  • BTlover4

Agreed. This is one of the most unique and grasping freeware games I've ever played.

Posted: August 4, 2005 6:36 PM
    BTlover4
  • jordanthegreat5

pretty cool

Posted: July 29, 2005 7:31 PM
    jordanthegreat5
  • Argetlam

4 days

Posted: July 20, 2005 10:32 PM
    Argetlam
  • alex549us3

Hey,
    I've got it downloaded but the stupid thing will not install... it just hangs at the "extracting program files" thingie...
    how long did it take for you guys to get it installed??

Posted: July 16, 2005 4:58 PM
    alex549us3
  • mixand

grrr i tryed that buttorrent thing and it just sias "facadeinstaller.exe | 0.0% | queue"
    all the friggen time and dosnt work who knows how to fix that?!?!?!?!?

Posted: July 16, 2005 2:57 AM
    mixand
  • mixand

all the friggen time and dosnt work who knows how to fix that?!?!?!?!?

Posted: July 16, 2005 2:54 AM
    mixand
  • stf55d

It took a long time for it to download for me, once I got it install and up and running it worked just fine. The only problem i'm having is that when i'm on a menu screen, it doesn't respond right. My mouse pointer will has to be a few inches below the option I want which sucks because when I want to exit, I have to use the ctrl+F4 code because I can't access the exit button.

Posted: July 15, 2005 11:35 AM
    stf55d
  • samuraijigsaw

oops on the above post i mean installing not downloading. sorry. my bad.

Posted: July 13, 2005 1:05 AM
    samuraijigsaw
  • samuraijigsaw

once it says 100% you go into where ever you set it to download (like the c drive) and click on the FacadeInstaller to start the installation process it wont automaticaly do it. then once it is done downloading the desktop icon appears.

Posted: July 13, 2005 1:03 AM
    samuraijigsaw
  • HooliganMike

What are you supposed to do after the downloading progress is at 100%? Nothing happens excpet it starts seeding. It just keeps seeding forever. There is no Facade desktop icon where I can click and start playing. What is seeding? BTW, I've never used a Bittorrent program before.

Posted: July 12, 2005 5:33 PM
    HooliganMike
  • HooliganMike

Posted: July 12, 2005 5:30 PM
    HooliganMike
  • raphman

hrrmmm I ask something and it takes awhile to get an answer anyway what is the point of this game? oh well it`s a good time waster

Posted: July 12, 2005 1:47 PM
    raphman
  • MEEEE

OMG 10 hours to download hope its worth it.

Posted: July 11, 2005 11:35 PM
    MEEEE
  • ap2004

You're a moran.

Posted: July 11, 2005 12:30 PM
    ap2004
  • G4silentbutdeadly

Crap! Ignore the above posting - I hit the comment link on the wrong segment. To quote Brendan: ID-iot!

Posted: July 11, 2005 7:24 AM
    G4silentbutdeadly
  • G4silentbutdeadly

Questions:

What camera was used to shoot those pictures? At what resolution?

And what camera did Sarah "receive" at the party? Just axing because it looks like my old Sony Cybershot model.

Posted: July 11, 2005 7:23 AM
    G4silentbutdeadly
  • samuraijigsaw

this game looks different but it says its going to take 16 hours for it to download and i have a cable connection wtf?

Posted: July 11, 2005 12:58 AM
    samuraijigsaw
  • Mrcrono03

It's running just fine for me...

Posted: July 10, 2005 12:21 AM
    Mrcrono03
  • easy-e

i want to play this game so much but i cant. when i start the game it take's 2 hours to open the door. then when he does he stands there for an hour then "joe". then when i ask a queston it take's 3 hours to answer. thanks for wasteing my time Facade. well at least it alomost monday yeahhhhhh ATOS ROCKS.

Posted: July 9, 2005 8:49 PM
    easy-e
  • Turbonegro79

Oh, and another thing, for someone who's played the game, what kind of things are you suppose to say to trip and grace? Because I can't get anything, except "oh, um, no, no, not at all" out of them

Posted: July 9, 2005 4:11 PM
    Turbonegro79
  • Turbonegro79

Posted: July 9, 2005 2:59 PM
    Turbonegro79
  • Turbonegro79

Well for me, the 1st time I tried installing it, the program didn't respond, so I tried it again, and the 2nd time, it worked, but it took about an hour to install, and for the game to load up so I could play it, took about a minute or so. I would suggest trying it again, but be patient, because it does take a while.

Get It On

Posted: July 9, 2005 2:55 PM
    Turbonegro79
  • slackjawedbae

this is gay it wont let me install it

Posted: July 9, 2005 12:37 PM
    slackjawedbae
  • The_Shiznits

It's not workin for me either, and my computers pretty suped up.

Posted: July 9, 2005 2:15 AM
    The_Shiznits
  • shadowman2004

You can call me biast if you must... But this game just looked like crap in my opinion... So what if I'm installing it right now? But I don't know -- Probably good thing its free!

Posted: July 8, 2005 10:20 PM
    shadowman2004
  • frostyausty

ur comps gotta suck if it dosent

Posted: July 8, 2005 8:55 PM
    frostyausty
  • IceWarm

The game runs fine for me. I would check and make sure your computer meets the system requirements for this game.

Posted: July 8, 2005 8:52 PM
    IceWarm
  • lambda_1324

It keeps on loading...and loading...and loading... :-( help plz

Posted: July 8, 2005 8:18 PM