Epic Giveaway Sweepstakes
- ELIGIBILITY AND SPONSOR: NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN ENTRANT'S CHANCE OF WINNING. The Epic Giveaway Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") consists of separate prize giveaways occurring between April 15, 2012 and December 31, 2012 (each, a "Giveaway"). The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia. The Sweepstakes is void in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, U.S. Military installations in foreign countries, all other U.S. territories and possessions, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law. Sweepstakes is sponsored by G4 Media, LLC, 5750 Wilshire Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90036 ("Sponsor" or "G4"). Employees of Sponsor, their parents and subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and all other entities participating in the design, promotion, marketing, sponsorship, advertising, administration or fulfillment of this Sweepstakes, and any prize provider (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and their immediate families are ineligible to participate in this Sweepstakes. Entrants must be 18 years or older as of the time of entry. Neither Lucasfilm Ltd. nor any prize provider is a sponsor of this Sweepstakes and shall not be responsible for any Sponsor obligations set forth herein.
- HOW TO ENTER THE SWEEPSTAKES. Between April 15, 2012 and December 31, 2012, Sponsor will announce Giveaways on "Attack of the Show" (airing weekdays at 7:00 p.m. ET/PT), "X-Play" (airing weekdays at 6:30 p.m. ET/PT), and/or on G4tv.com. Consult local listings for actual channel telecast times and schedule changes. Each Giveaway announcement will include information on the prize to be awarded (the "Giveaway Prizes") and the Giveaway entry period (the "Giveaway Period"). To enter, access the Giveaway entry page located at www.g4tv.com/epicgiveaway, and enter the required contact information during the Giveaway Period. One entry per person per Giveaway. Entries for any Giveaway must be received during the Giveaway Period, according to Sponsor's internal clock. Each entrant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address identified in the entrant's entry form. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner, the winner will be deemed to be the person in whose name the e-mail account governing the e-mail address was opened. Incomplete, unreadable, or unintelligible entries, including garbled entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. All entries submitted become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each Giveaway constitutes a new and separate sweepstakes, and winning a Giveaway Prize will not prevent an entrant from entering or winning in a subsequent Giveaway.
- GIVEAWAY PRIZES: Giveaway Prizes will have a value between $20.00 and $4,999.99. A list of Giveaway Prizes is set forth in a chart at the end of these Official Rules, which will be updated at the start of each Giveaway. No transfer or other substitution of any Giveaway Prize is allowed, except that Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize or prize component of comparable or greater value. Allow 4-6 weeks for delivery/fulfillment of the Giveaway Prizes to the address provided in the Sweepstakes entry of the actual Giveaway Prize recipient. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prize or prize component(s) once in the possession or control of the actual Giveaway Prize recipient.
- SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: The selected entrant for each Giveaway ("Selected Entrant") will be selected from all eligible Giveaway entries received during the Giveaway Period in a random drawing following the Giveaway Period. Sponsor's decisions are final and binding in all respects. The Selected Entrant's name and hometown may be announced live on "Attack of the Show," "X-Play," and/or G4tv.com. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The Selected Entrant will be notified on air initially and then later by email, phone and/or mail (as determined in the Sponsor's sole discretion). Failure by the Selected Entrant to respond to such notification within a reasonable time frame, as determined by Sponsor in its absolute and sole discretion, may result in disqualification of the Selected Entrant, and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected by means of another random drawing. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the notification procedures in connection with the selection of any alternate Selected Entrant, if any. In the event of a dispute about the identity of any Sweepstakes entrant, each entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Service Provider, online access provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. In this regard, the potential Giveaway Prize recipients may be required to provide proof that s/he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Sweepstakes entry selected (i.e., pursuant to the subsequent random drawing procedure described above) in order to receive a Giveaway Prize.
- PRIZE CONDITIONS: Except where prohibited by applicable law, regulation, rule or order, the Selected Entrant may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and a Publicity Release, which will allow the Sweepstakes Entities to use Selected Entrants' full name, hometown, and likeness on any of its properties, including without limitation its website and its television stations. If a Selected Entrant fails to sign and return such documents or if such Selected Entrant is found to be ineligible (for any reason), or if such Selected Entrant does not comply with the Official Rules, then s/he will be disqualified, and an alternate Selected Entrant will be selected pursuant to terms outlined in the sweepstakes sections of these rules. Each Sweepstakes entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually waives the right to assert as a cost of receiving any prize any and all costs of verification and redemption to redeem such prize and any liability which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem such prize. All applicable federal, state, local or other tax liabilities (including income taxes) arising from this Sweepstakes will be the sole responsibility of each actual Giveaway Prize recipient. Except where prohibited by applicable law, regulation, rule or order, the actual Selected Entrants' entry and acceptance of any constitutes permission to the Sweepstakes Entities to use such person's name, photograph, likeness (including non-photographic and simulated), statements, biographical information, voice, and city and state address for any and all promotional or advertising purposes in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the Sweepstakes Entities' business operations and product/service offerings, on a worldwide basis and in all forms of media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, without review, permission or further compensation of any amount or kind whatsoever. All Sweepstakes entries are subject to verification prior to awarding of any prize. Eligibility, age, and any and all other claims shall be subject to verification prior to the actual awarding of any Giveaway Prize.
- SWEEPSTAKES CONDITIONS: VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws of the United States. By participating, each Sweepstakes entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually (a) agrees to be fully and unconditionally bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and (b) waives any right to claim ambiguity in the Sweepstakes or these Official Rules. Each Sweepstakes entrant hereby irrevocably and perpetually agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities (which shall include Lucasfilm Ltd.) and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, attorneys, affiliates, representatives and agents from and against any and all claims, judgments, damages, losses, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) redemption, acceptance, possession, ownership, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity or participation in this Sweepstakes, or (ii) printing, distribution, production or mailing/e-mailing/communication/transmission errors. Sponsor or its affiliates may rescind any promotion found to contain such errors, without liability, at its sole discretion. NEITHER THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES NOR ANY OF THEIR REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (UNLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES ENTITIES ELECT TO PROVIDE ANY PRIZE RECIPIENT WITH ANY EXPRESS WRITTEN WARRANTIES).
- RESTRICTIONS: The Sweepstakes Entities shall not be liable to the Selected Entrants for failure to supply any Prize or any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God, any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entity (whether or not the action(s), regulations(s), order(s) or request(s) prove(s) to be invalid), equipment failure, threatened terrorist acts, terrorist acts, air raid, blackout, act of public enemy, earthquake, war (declared or undeclared), fire, flood, epidemic, explosion, unusually severe weather, hurricane, embargo, labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal), labor or material shortage, transportation interruption of any kind, work slow-down, civil disturbance, insurrection, riot, or any other similar or dissimilar cause beyond the Sweepstakes Entities' sole and reasonable control.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or indecipherable entries due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's Sweepstakes entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, and provided that such error is discovered and confirmed by Sponsor prior to the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, then such entrant's sole remedy shall be another entry in the Sweepstakes; it specifically being agreed and understood that in the event such error is not discovered and confirmed until after the expiration of the Sweepstakes Period, then such entrant shall have no cause(s) of action whatsoever against the Sweepstakes Entities, and the Sweepstakes Entities shall not have any liability to such entrant for or in connection with any error. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or receiving any prize if, in Sponsor's sole discretion, Sponsor determines that such entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor's representatives. If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, or any other similar or dissimilar causes beyond the sole and reasonable control of the Sweepstakes Entities which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper, safe and fair conduct of the Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right, exercisable at any time in Sponsor's sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend all or any part of the Sweepstakes and to select the Selected Entrant by means of a random drawing from among all eligible Sweepstakes entries received by Sponsor up until the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable; and to select prize winners as of the time of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, as applicable. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF SPONSOR'S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
- ARBITRATION PROVISION: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes the entrant may have with, or claims entrant may have against, the Sweepstakes Entities relating to, arising out of or connected in any way with (i) the Sweepstakes, (ii) the awarding or redemption of any prize, and/or (iii) the determination of the scope or applicability of this agreement to arbitrate, will be resolved individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the National Arbitration Forum (the "Forum") and conducted before a sole arbitrator pursuant to the Code of Procedure established by the Forum. The arbitration shall be held at a location determined by the Forum pursuant to the Code of Procedure, or at such other location as may be mutually agreed by the participant and the applicable Sweepstakes Entity. The arbitrator's decision shall be controlled by the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and any of the other agreements referenced herein that the applicable participant may have entered into in connection with the Sweepstakes. There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only the participant's and/or the applicable Sweepstakes Entity's individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated. The arbitrator shall not have the power to award punitive damages against the participant or the applicable Sweepstakes Entity. For more information on the Forum and/or the Forum's Code of Procedure, please visit their website at www.arb-forum.com. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- RULES/ON AN ONLINE PAGE LISTING PRIZE RECIPIENT(S) LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules, log onto www.g4tv.com/giveaway, or for a list of the name(s) and city/state address(es) of the actual prize recipient(s), request in writing to G4 Media, LLC, 5750 Wilshire Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90036, Attn: Business & Legal, Sweepstakes Compliance. Winners list becomes available after completion of Sweepstakes.
|Prize Package||Approximate Retail Value||Giveaway Start||Giveaway End|
A Falcon Northwest Tiki gaming rig with a 3.5 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB of RAM, 2 GB NVIDIA GTX 680 graphics card, Blu-ray drive, and liquid cooling